5 Essentials for a Worry-Free (Neutral) Family Room
A lot of people panic when they hear the words "neutral" and "family room" in the same sentence. But, not to worry neutral family rooms don't have to mean extra rules around the furniture. Neutral spaces make great family rooms. They incite a relaxing, creative vibe that allows the whole family to be imaginative. Our world is so overstimulating as it is, coming home to a calming palette can help to combat tired eyes and overworked brains. Today, I've rounded up 5 worry-free essentials that will work for any neutral family room, and be sure to read my post on white couches if you missed it for tips on keeping a white couch gorgeous all year long.
1. Round wood coffee tables are perfect additions to a family room. You can configure them any way you like with a few small round tables grouped together, or one large one. With a round table, you won't have to worry about corners, and you can find beautifully treated woods to match your overall palette. I'm really into Walnut right now for it's warm tones and darker grains.
2. Patterned Rugs in Neutral tones. Patterned rugs are great for family rooms, they mask a lot of traffic! Keep it cozy as far as texture (avoid sisals and jute unless you want to layer) for sitting on the floor and playing board games.
3. Coffee Table books that can handle wear and tear. I love sharing my design books with my son. Kids should never be afraid to open the coffee table books in our family room, they are full of beautiful design and ignite curiosity.
4. Sturdy plants like indoor trees bring in live color and are easy to keep. I like ficus and figs, and if you can find it, an indoor olive tree is amazing.
5. Sheepskins everywhere! I love throwing sheepskins all around a family room. They can take a beating and go a long time before they need to be cleaned. Kids love to cozy up on them, and they always bring texture to a space.
(Shopping List below Image Gallery) Enjoy! R+W